If you suffer from Diabetic Neuropathy you may have…
• Numbness or reduced ability to feel pain or temperature changes
• A tingling or burning sensation
• Sharp pains or cramps
• Muscle weakness
• Loss of reflexes, especially in the ankle
• Loss of balance and coordination
• Serious foot problems, such as ulcers, infections, deformities, bone and joint pain
• Sudden, severe pain in your hip and thigh or buttock
• Eventual weak and atrophied thigh muscles
• Difficulty rising from a sitting position
• Abdominal swelling, if the abdomen is affected
• Weight loss
• Difficulty focusing your eyes, double vision or aching behind one eye
• Paralysis on one side of your face (Bell's palsy)
• Pain in your shin or foot
• Pain in your lower back or pelvis
• Pain in the front of your thigh
• Pain in your chest or abdomen
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
We may be able to help you.
You may have seen your doctor and you probably were prescribed some medication. I am certain that you are reading this because you are not happy with the results you have received. That frustration can ruin your day.
Well, it is time to get your life back. Time to get out and live again, clean the house, participate in family functions, go shopping, drive a car, walk, exercise, go on vacation. The only thing is: you have got to change what you are doing in order to get your life back.
What is Diabetic Neuropathy?
Diabetic neuropathy is a type of nerve damage that can occur if you have diabetes. High blood sugar (glucose) can injure nerve fibers throughout your body, but diabetic neuropathy most often damages nerves in your legs and feet.
There are four main types of diabetic neuropathy. Most develop gradually, and you may not notice problems until considerable damage has occurred. The signs and symptoms of diabetic neuropathy vary, depending on the type of neuropathy and which nerves are affected.
- Peripheral neuropathy: the most common type of diabetic neuropathy.. Your feet and legs are often affected first, followed by your hands and arms.
- Autonomic neuropathy: this involves your heart, bladder, lungs, stomach, bowels, sex organs and eyes.
- Radiculoplexus neuropathy (diabetic amyotrophy): affects nerves in the thighs, hips, buttocks or legs
- Mononeuropathy: involves damage to a specific nerve. The nerve may be in the face, torso or leg.
To add insult to injury you may even experience:
- A lack of awareness that blood sugar levels are low (hypoglycemia unawareness)
- Bladder problems, including urinary tract infections or urinary retention or incontinence
- Constipation, uncontrolled diarrhea or a combination of the two
- Slow stomach emptying (gastroparesis), leading to nausea, vomiting, bloating and loss of appetite
- Difficulty swallowing
- Increased or decreased sweating
- Inability of your body to adjust blood pressure and heart rate, leading to sharp drops in blood pressure after sitting or standing that may cause you to faint or feel lightheaded
- Problems regulating your body temperature
- Changes in the way your eyes adjust from light to dark
- Increased heart rate when you're at rest
Diabetic neuropathy is a common serious complication of diabetes.
There is still hope!
Right here in Brighton, we have helped numerous people who suffer from diabetic neuropathy start living again.
Our office has many ways to help you. Each of which is designed to either stimulate or rehabilitate the damaged nerves. We work on the nerves from the bottom of your feet to the top of your head (your brain).
We use Pulsed Electromagnetic Frequency Therapy and Infrared Diaode Therapy to get oxygen to the damaged nerves. Peripheral Nerve Rehabilitative Therapy will stimulate the nerves all the way to the brain, without burning them out. Functional Neurology Techniques will be used to stimulate the problem areas in the brain. Trigenics Myoneural Procedure will be used to re-set the way the brain communicates with the damaged tissue. Spinal traction and specific chiropractic adjustments can be used to facilitate healing to pinched and cramped nerves. And finally, an upbeat doctor and team will fill you with hope and personalized service.
We will do everything we can so that you can enjoy your life.
If you would like to find out more, simply call our office and set up your $49 initial evaluation. This will be the most thorough exam you have experienced. We can’t help you if we never meet you. Call today, and keep trying if lines are busy.